The time has come to transform your backyard into a relaxing spa environment and Pettis Outdoor Living & Sauna is here to help you do it! Owning a personal spa allows you the convenience of instant relaxation around your busy schedule, never leaving the comfort of your home. We specialize in products that help you Get Away, Everyday and provide real value for your money. We sold our first hot tub in 1972 and back then people thought it was a strange fad from California that would pass. Well, here we are 40+ years later and personal hot tub ownership is hotter than ever!
The benefits of regular hydrotherapy are now widely recognized and include:
- Stress Relief: Hot tubs can help relieve everyday stress that creates muscle tension and restricts blood flow, causing headaches, sleeplessness, fatigue, and soreness. How we feel physically can affect our thoughts, our moods, and our ability to enjoy life to the fullest.
- Family Fun: Happy owners will tell you that their hot tubs are extensions of their family rooms. Market researchers will tell you that hot tubs are on top-ten Christmas lists for kids, and top-ten choices for how folks would like to spend their retirement funds. Families get together in hot tubs. They talk, relax, escape, and enjoy the outdoors together. If you’re thinking of buying a hot tub, you’re headed for good, clean, family fun.
- Sleep Enhancement: Surveys conducted by the National Sleep Foundation reveal that 60 percent of adults report having problems with sleep. They suggest a bathing ritual as a natural aid for sleep. A warm soak in a hot tub provides just the right combination of warmth and water motion.
- Pain Relief for Arthritis sufferers: Hot tubs provide a flow of warm water which eases muscle tension, and relieves pressure on surrounding nerves, joints, and blood vessels. Movement becomes easier, which is especially important for those who suffer from Arthritis.
- Improved Circulation and Help for those with Diabetes: According to a study by Dr. Phillip Hooper, an endocrinologist from Loveland, CO, participants who soaked in a hot tub regularly experienced better blood sugar control – some after just a few days of soaking. In addition, patients’ weight decreased, sleep improved, and the general feeling of well-being increased.
We carry two very distinct types of hot tubs and want to educate you on the differences between each.
First up is MAAX Spas. MAAX has four distinct hot tub collections as well as their very popular Power Pools. With so many choices, we have a spa to accommodate every desire and budget and we believe Maax offers the finest engineered spas in the industry.
Some of the many benefits of MAAX Spas include:
- Many different models, seating configurations and shell designs offers maximum flexibility.
- Physician designed zone therapy utilizes strategically positioned jets to target specific pain zones that contain muscular trigger points.
- Comfort collar neck therapy jet massage system has adjustable cyclone jets to massage neck and shoulders.
- Calf Zone which massages the lower leg with 12 deep tissue massage jets.
- Performance Seating with each model engineered to scientifically balance ergonomic support, water pressure, jet position and body buoyancy.
Considerations with traditional hot tubs
- The majority of traditional hot tubs are designed to be powered by 240volt electric. This means you will need to hire a licensed electrician to properly wire your new hot tub. We have awesome electricians we work with to help you with this if you so desire.
- In most cases, you will need to obtain a permit for your new hot tub mainly due to the special electric.
- Although portable, most traditional hot tubs weigh somewhere between 500-800 pounds so for practical reasons once a hot tub is placed into position it rarely moves.
- Quite often a concrete pad will need to be poured or your deck reinforced to support the weight.
- Buy from a company who has been around a while and services what they sell! MAAX originated in 1969 and grew into one of the top brands of hot tubs in the world and Pettis Outdoor Living & Sauna was founded in 1962!
The other option we have at Pettis Outdoor Living & Sauna is our Softub line of truly portable hot tubs. Softubs weigh less than 75 pounds when empty, roll through any standard doorway, plug into a standard 110v household outlet and cost, on average, $10 per month or less to operate! Softubs have grown so popular we actually had to create a separate division of our company called Softub Express (www.softubexpress.com) dedicated solely to selling and servicing these tubs throughout the state of NY and much of FL!
Some of the many benefits of Softub include:
- Can easily be moved by one person ~ weighs less than 75# empty.
- Plugs into any standard 110v household outlet.
- Costs less than $10 per month to operate.
- Heats without a heater!
- Three sizes to choose from.
- Seven designer exterior colors to blend harmoniously with any environment.
- Entire tub is made of a patented poly-bond foam which provides incredible insulation and incredible comfort.
- Can literally go almost anywhere! Inside and/or outside! Easy to take with you if you move.
Considerations with Softubs
Three sizes to choose from and the largest accommodates six people so if you’re looking to host a hot tub party for your entire neighborhood, they’re not all going to fit! (At least not at the same time)
Less jets and jetting options than traditional hot tubs.
No fixed seating. Most feel this is a benefit as you have total flexibility to sit however is most comfortable -but if you’re looking for lay down loungers and mulit-level seating options, Softub may not be for you.
No fancy features like pop-up tvs or built in stereos.