We know, we know. We don’t want to think about it either. But pool season has come to an end, and that means it’s time to close the pool.
It’s a yearly task a lot of people choose to take on themselves, but none of them look forward to it. Let’s be honest – it’s not exactly how you want to spend your weekend. So this year, why not have Pettis close your pool?
At Pettis, we close in-ground, above-ground and on-ground pools. We’ll take care of all the closing tasks so that come next summer, your pool is in great condition and ready to be opened for fun. (And yes, we open pools too!)
So, what’s included in a pool closing? Well …
- We remove the pool ladders, handrails and the diving board (if requested)
- We lower the pool water to the appropriate level. (This is especially important for above-ground and on-ground pools. Most in-ground pools will be left at the running level.)
- We winterize any underground lines.
- We winterize the filter system and the heater.
- We add the appropriate winter chemicals, in accordance with the chemical system you use in your pool.
- We securely install your winter cover, to keep your pool, your family and your pets safe.
Please note: Our pool closing packages do not include vacuuming, but we strongly suggest you vacuum your pool well just prior to your scheduled closing. Having your water clean and clear at closing is the best strategy for opening it in the same condition!
This time of year is also a great time to think ahead to next pool season. Are you going to need a new liner? Let’s talk. Thinking about an easier way to maintain your pool next season? Try our free delivery service. Stop by the store and we can tell you all about it.
Pool closing schedules tend to fill up quite quickly, so if you’re interested be sure to book your appointment as soon as possible. You can schedule online, or by calling either store.