Softub Chlorine & Spa Frog Instructions
- Fill tub with water to 2” above the highest jet.
- Plug in tub and start circulating water.
- Add 2 oz. of Spa Metal & Scale Protector. Let circulate for 30 minutes.
- Add _____________ of Granular Chlorine. Let circulate for 30 minutes with the LID OPEN.
- When spa is up to temperature, (approximately 24 – 48 hours) allow filter cartridge to soak in the warm tub water for 10 – 15 minutes. This will make the plastic collar more pliable. Insert your SPA FROG into the center of the filter and gently push the filter onto one of the 2 suction grates near the bottom of the tub. Only install or remove filter when tub is full of warm water otherwise you may damage the suction grate.
- Add _____________ of Calcium Hardness Increaser. Only add _____________ every 30 minutes. Failure to maintain the proper level of calcium hardness in your Softub could cause permanent wrinkling of your liner, please protect your investment.
- Add _____________ of Granular Chlorine (1 teaspoon per 100 gallons) daily with tub use, OR if the tub has not been used for 3 days. You should maintain a chlorine level of 1ppm, but because your SPA FROG kills bacteria, it is not necessary to keep it much higher than that.
- Add 1 oz. of Spa Metal & Scale Protector weekly to control the build up of scale, metals, or minerals in your water.
Test your water weekly and adjust pH and alkalinity if necessary.