The time has come to transform your backyard into a relaxing spa oasis and Pettis Pools & Patio is here to help you do it! Owning a personal spa allows you the convenience of instant relaxation around your busy schedule, never leaving the comfort of your home. We specialize in products that help you Get Away, Everyday and provide real value for your money. We sold our first hot tub in 1972 and back then people thought it was a strange fad from California that would pass. Well, here we are 45+ years later and personal hot tub ownership is hotter than ever!
The benefits of regular hydrotherapy are now widely recognized and include:
- Stress Relief: Hot tubs can help relieve everyday stress that creates muscle tension and restricts blood flow, causing headaches, sleeplessness, fatigue, and soreness. How we feel physically can affect our thoughts, our moods, and our ability to enjoy life to the fullest.
- Family Fun: Happy owners will tell you that their hot tubs are extensions of their family rooms. Market researchers will tell you that hot tubs are on top-ten Christmas lists for kids, and top-ten choices for how folks would like to spend their retirement funds. Families get together in hot tubs. They talk, relax, escape, and enjoy the outdoors together. If you’re thinking of buying a hot tub, you’re headed for good, clean, family fun.
- Sleep Enhancement: Surveys conducted by the National Sleep Foundation reveal that 60 percent of adults report having problems with sleep. They suggest a bathing ritual as a natural aid for sleep. A warm soak in a hot tub provides just the right combination of warmth and water motion.
- Pain Relief for Arthritis sufferers: Hot tubs provide a flow of warm water which eases muscle tension, and relieves pressure on surrounding nerves, joints, and blood vessels. Movement becomes easier, which is especially important for those who suffer from Arthritis.
- Improved Circulation and Help for those with Diabetes: According to a study by Dr. Phillip Hooper, an endocrinologist from Loveland, CO, participants who soaked in a hot tub regularly experienced better blood sugar control – some after just a few days of soaking. In addition, patients’ weight decreased, sleep improved, and the general feeling of well-being increased.
We carry two very distinct types of hot tubs and want to educate you on the differences between each.
First up is Maax Spas – the quality leader in luxury hot water products. Originating in 1969, MAAX Spas® has become a leading hot tub manufacturer, available at over 350 specialty retailers across North America and Europe. They offer two distinct luxury spa brands; American Whirlpool and Vita Spas and we are proud to carry both!
American Whirlpool Hot Tubs are truly the next generation of hot tubs with superior design elements not found in any other hot tub. Vita Spas, with over 30 years of history, delivers vitality for life with its sustainable design.
Some of the many benefits of these hot tub brands include:
- Dr. Designed Zone Therapy® seats put the right size jets with the right amount of pressure at precise pain trigger points giving you the most soothing massage.
- Clean, Clear Water – The water maintenance of your hot tub is made easy with a complete 4 step cleaning system and dual sanitization. This is the same technology that is used to sanitize drinking water all over the world!
Northern Exposure® Insulation System – This unique 3 layer thermal barrier technology reflects the radiant heat energy generated from the pumps back into the spa. This ensures that energy created by the spa stays in the spa.
- Steel Frame Construction – The Steel Sub-Structure has the highest strength to weight ratio of any building material available. Unlike wood, steel is dimensionally stable. It will not expand or contract with moisture, which over time can damage the spa’s exterior.
Considerations with traditional hot tubs
- The majority of traditional hot tubs are designed to be powered by 240volt electric. This means you will need to hire a licensed electrician to properly wire your new hot tub. We have awesome electricians we work with to help you with this if you so desire.
- In most cases, you will need to obtain a permit for your new hot tub mainly due to the special electric.
- Although portable, most traditional hot tubs weigh somewhere between 500-800 pounds so for practical reasons once a hot tub is placed into position it rarely moves.
- Quite often a concrete pad will need to be poured or your deck reinforced to support the weight.
- Buy from a company who has been around a while and services what they sell! American Whirlpool (formerly MAAX Spas) originated in 1969 and grew into one of the top brands of hot tubs in the world. Pettis Pools & Patio was founded in 1962!
The other option we have at Pettis Pools & Patio is our Softub line of truly portable hot tubs. Softubs weigh less than 80 pounds when empty, roll through any standard doorway, plug into a standard 110v household outlet and cost, on average, $12 per month or less to operate! Softubs have grown so popular we actually had to create a separate division of our company called Softub Express (www.softubexpress.com) dedicated solely to selling and servicing these tubs throughout the state of NY and much of FL!
Some of the many benefits of Softub include:
- Can easily be moved by one person ~ weighs less than 80# empty.
- Plugs into any standard 110v household outlet.
- Costs less than $12 per month to operate.
- Heats without a heater!
- Three sizes to choose from.
- Eight designer exterior colors to blend harmoniously with any environment.
- Entire tub is made of a patented poly-bond foam which provides incredible insulation and incredible comfort.
- Can literally go almost anywhere! Inside and/or outside! Easy to take with you if you move.
Considerations with Softubs
Three sizes to choose from and the largest accommodates up to six people. If you’re looking to host a hot tub party for your entire neighborhood, they’re not all going to fit! (At least not at the same time)
Less jets and jetting options than traditional hot tubs.
No fixed seating. Most feel this is a benefit as you have total flexibility to sit however is most comfortable -but if you’re looking for lay down loungers and mulit-level seating options, Softub may not be for you.
No fancy features like pop-up tvs or built in stereos.