Traveling Spa Expos – Legit Hot Tub Sale or Scam?
You’ve seen the advertisements, or you will. From time to time we see out-of-town spa dealers come into Rochester and dump their inventory. They make lots of noise and spend big money on TV and radio to get you to think you’re getting the “deal of a lifetime” on a new hot tub or swim spa, and sadly, some people fall for that. These dealers have no interest in long-term relationships or taking care of their customers. They are like people who work at a carnival. Blow into town for a few days, take as much money from that town as possible, and then it’s on to the next town. Unfortunately, this type of “Expo” is known in the hot tub industry as the hot tub traveling circus scam. Who knows who the manufacturer even is most of the time but what is known is they bring in aggressive salespeople that know if they don’t get you now, they lose out. They are packing up and leaving town after the weekend ends. It’s now or never for them.
CLICK HERE for reviews on one of the largest traveling spa expo companies and decide for yourself.
Here are the top 5 reasons NOT to buy from a traveling spa expo:
- No Brick-and-Mortar showroom to support your investment or to take a test soak. You’re basically on your own after they leave town.
- Local Service – When you are located in another state other than the spa dealer, it is obvious that you will not get the support you are looking for compared to a local hot tub dealer. How many times have we as customers complained that we cannot get help with something that we have purchased even if we like the product? Service after the sale does make a difference in how well you enjoy any product years down the road. Don’t set yourself up for frustration by choosing someone who cannot offer local service. No local dealers service or support these out-of-town expo brands.
- The “Deal” – In essence the “deal” is not the deal you may think it is. They may make you feel like you are getting a “deal” with their huge sale, but the reality is that local dealers are more than happy to match any “deal” that you think you are getting because it really is not that great of a deal. Don’t get caught up in the moment thinking that if you don’t take advantage of it now, you will forever miss out. They offer the same “deal” every weekend at shows year round in different locations. When you really compare apple-to-apple products, it’s not uncommon to actually pay more for less value at traveling Expos because they have to recoup all the big expenses of coming into a town. 40%-80% off? Off of what?
- How stable is the company you’re buying from at an Expo? Any length of warranty is no good if the company is out of business or won’t return your phone calls.
- Delivery of your hot tub is made immediately. They are looking to deliver their tubs and get out of town so you are forced to take delivery quickly. Hot tubs require ground & site preparation and special electric and this approach will leave you no time to prepare.
Our point to you is you might be happy in the moment with a traveling spa show hot tub, but down the road, you will have a much greater chance of being dissatisfied. A hot tub is one of the bigger purchases you will make in your life. Make it last by setting your experience up for success with a local hot tub dealer like Pettis Pools & Patio. We offer FREE Site Inspections, we will HOLD your spa until your site is prepared, and we have been chosen Rochester’s #1 Pool & Spa Company 17 years in a row! We also have some great financing options for those interested in financing their purchase.* (subject to approved credit)
Don’t take the risk of buying a Hot Tub or a Swim Spa from a traveling Spa Expo!