Trouble Sleeping—Try a Sauna!
Soothe your body inside and out for a good night’s sleep
Whether it’s the stress of daily life or aches and pains, you may have been noticing that falling asleep (and staying asleep) at night has become difficult. Let’s take a look at how using a sauna before bed can help.
A home sauna provides many types of help for our bodies, here are just a few:
- Induces a healthy perspiration
- Relieves sore, tired muscles
- Assists with respiratory function
- Cleanses the skin
- Stimulates endorphins
Using the sauna just before bed elevates your body temperature. Once you step out of the sauna, your body will bring itself back to its regular temperature. This temperature change following a sauna bath is what helps to improve the quality of your sleep.
In addition, there are other relaxing effects of the sauna that contribute to a better night’s sleep:
- Regular sauna bathers report that spending time in a hot sauna helps them “forget their worries”
- Relief from existing physical pain such as headaches, joint stiffness or muscle strain allows people to sleep better overall—and a sauna provides this type of relief!
Think of a sauna as a warm bath for both your mind and body. The relaxation and relief you will feel gets your mood and your body ready for bed. Sweet dreams!
If you would like to learn more about the types of saunas we carry, or how a sauna can help you sleep better, stop in at our East Rochester location. We are always happy to help!