Pool Closing Services
Pool Closing Services for Greece, E. Rochester, & Surrounding Areas
When winter comes around, make sure your pool is properly prepared for the long winter months. Pettis Pools offers pool closing services to ensure your pool is ready to hibernate in winter. Our competitively-priced swimming pool closing services include the following:
Please note: We do not service or open or close gunite swimming pools at this time.
Included with closings:
- Remove ladders, handrails and diving board (if requested) ** Addt’l charge of $50 per person if needed to remove step system.
- Drop water to appropriate level (Most IG pools will be left at running level)
- Winterize underground lines
- Winterize filter system and heater
- Add winterizing chemicals
- Securely install winter cover
* Pool vacuuming is not included with closings. It is your responsibility to ensure your pool is clean and clear when we arrive to close. Prior to closing, the pool must be clean, free of debris, and chemically balanced.
- Please make sure all accessories for the closing are left somewhere accessible to our crew.
- Make sure there is access to a hose and electric.
- A mileage charge of at least 40.00 will be applied to all closings more than 15 miles from either store.
- Water and debris should be kept to a minimum in pools with a solid cover. Chemicals should be stored in a clean/dry area away from ladders, pumps, etc.
Here are the steps to schedule your pool closing service:
- Fill out the form on this page.
- Once received, we will contact you to confirm your service, date and time. Please note that appointments are set for AM (8-12) or PM (1 to 4) time slots.
- We will collect your valid credit card information at this time and charge a 50% deposit in order to secure your appointment. Your balance will then automatically be charged on the day of service.
- Cancellation of scheduled service appointments must be done at least 24 hours before the scheduled appointment. After-hours messages via voicemail, email, or text are not accessible to our service technicians. A $90.00 fee will be charged if appointments are not canceled at least 24 hours in advance.
- Please make all equipment accessible, power on to the breaker, etc otherwise, a $110 return charge will apply.
Note: Pettis Pools is not responsible for any coping, cover, or equipment damage due to excessive ice or snow. Any additional work will be billed at our service rate of $75 per half hour plus materials.