Pool Openings for Monroe, Ontario, Wayne, & Livingston Counties
Pool Opening Services
When spring rolls around, make sure your pool is ready. Pettis Pools offers professional pool opening services to ensure your pool is swim-ready for the season. Our competitively-priced swimming pool opening services include the following:
**Cover cleaning is only included with cover removal
Included with Openings
- Remove the water and leaves from the cover, clean, and remove the cover. If the cover is dry- it will be folded.
- Brush and roll the water bags.
- Re-assemble the filter and filter plumbing. The motor will be tested to make sure it is not seized and ready to run.
- If the water level is high enough, the pump will be primed to get the filter running.
- Install ladders, handrails, and diving board (if needed) ** Addt’l charge of $50 per person if needed to install or remove a step system.
- Chemicals Added as appropriate (see below):
- Chlorine Pools: Chlorine and Algaecide are added.
- Salt Chlorine Generator Pools: Chlorine and Algaecide are added.
- Baquacil Pools and Baquacil CDX Pools: Baquacil Oxidizer and Baquacil Algicide are added.
- EZ Pool Pools: Small amount of chlorine is added.
Here are the steps to schedule your pool opening service:
- Fill out the form on this page.
- Once received, we will contact you to confirm your service, date and time. Please note that appointments are set for AM (8-12) or PM (1 to 4) time slots.
- We will collect your valid credit card information at this time and charge a 50% deposit in order to secure your appointment. Your balance will then automatically be charged on the day of service.
- Cancellation of scheduled service appointments must be done at least 24 hours before the scheduled appointment. After-hours messages via voicemail, email, or text are not accessible to our service technicians. A $90.00 fee will be charged if appointments are not canceled at least 24 hours in advance.
- Please make all equipment accessible, power on to the breaker, etc otherwise, a $110 return charge will apply.
Note: Pettis Pools is not responsible for any damage to your cover or equipment due to excessive ice or snow. Any additional work will be billed at our service rate of $160 per hour plus materials.