Finnleo has become FSC Chain of Custody certified!
Health, New Sauna Technology, Saunas
At Pettis Pools & Patio, we carry Finnleo saunas—and their commitment to being green is just one reason why! Read more about their latest green certification.
Finnleo has long been committed to preserving the environment and practicing conservation, wherever possible. To further show our commitment to the environment and to supporting ethical business practices in the lumber industry, Finnleo has become FSC ® Chain of Custody certified.
The FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) Mission Statement is:
The Forest Stewardship Council A.C. (FSC) shall promote environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial, and economically viable management of the world’s forests.
- Environmentally appropriate forest management ensures that the harvest of timber and non-timber products maintains the forest’s biodiversity, productivity, and ecological processes.
- Socially beneficial forest management helps both local people and society at large to enjoy long term benefits and also provides strong incentives to local people to sustain the forest resources and adhere to long-term management plans.
- Economically viable forest management means that forest operations are structured and managed so as to be sufficiently profitable, without generating financial profit at the expense of the forest resource, the ecosystem, or affected communities. The tension between the need to generate adequate financial returns and the principles of responsible forest operations can be reduced through efforts to market the full range of forest products and services for their best value.
FSC is the only wood certification program recognized by the USGBC (U.S. Green Building Council) and GBCI (Green Building Certification Institute – a third party verification organization established by the USGBC to certify LEED Projects and LEED professional credentials) for use in LEED projects, in order to qualify for Materials and Resources Credits for LEED certification. LEED green building certification program is the nationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction, and operation of green buildings.
While all of Finnleo’s wood packages are manufactured with materials from carefully selected suppliers and forests, a Finnleo sauna package constructed of FSC certfied materials shows accountability to these standards by creating a chain of custody through which the wood can be traced back to its origins.
Finnleo FSC certified sauna wood packages provide the following benefits:
• Contributes towards LEED credit MR 7, which requires certified lumber
• Contributes towards credits for most residential green building programs
• Ensures the forests from which the sauna wood is harvested will be around for future generations to enjoy a sauna
• Shows a commitment to responsible management of forests and ethical business practices
Features of these rooms include:
• FSC certified tongue and groove boards for the walls and ceiling
• Benches constructed using FSC certified S4S wood for bench tops and internal framing
• Heater guard rail and Sauna trim/moulding manufactured of FSC materials
• Dri-Dek vinyl interlocking flooring. Dri-dek is very durable and features antimicrobial properties to maintain a more sanitary environment.
• All-glass door hung on FSC certified door jamb
• The sauna heater and control matched for the sauna room size and features selected by the customer
For more information on our FSC packages, contact us at our East Rochester store: (585) 383-0700.