Finnleo Enters Their Second Year of Providing Sauna Rooms Constructed Using FSC® Certified Wood
Finnleo is pleased to announce the continuation of program offering saunas constructed using FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) Certified wood. In 2011, Finnleo became the first major manufacturer of traditional saunas to be FSC Chain of Custody certified. This allows for rooms produced with certified wood meeting the growing desire to utilize green resources where available. Though many projects specifying FSC lumber are commercial projects, environmentally conscious homeowners are choosing to specify the product as well.
From architects, to contractors, to owners, the desire to include green building practices in construction is increasing. Through FSC certification, Finnleo has committed to purchasing wood from forests practicing both responsible forest management and providing fair and safe working conditions for their employees. Customers benefit from this certification because their saunas have been manufactured with care and pride and the saunas may contribute towards credits under various green building programs.
Features of these rooms will include:
• FSC certified tongue and groove boards for the walls and ceiling
• Benches constructed using FSC tops and framing. Bench tops will run the depth of the bench to improve the utilization of wood and reduce waste
• Guard Rail and Trim of FSC materials
• Dri-Dek vinyl interlocking flooring, to reduce consumption of wood. Dri-dek is very durable and features anti-microbial properties to maintain a more sanitary environment
• Beautiful all-glass door hung on FSC certified jambs
• The heater that best meets your needs
To learn more about Finnleo saunas stop into either one of our Pettis Pools & Patio locations. You can also call ahead and we’ll have one warmed up and ready for you to try out!