Refresh Your Spa
Hot Tubs and Spas, Spa Care
If the cold weather’s kept you out of your spa, here’s how to bring it back to life!
Now that the snow is melting, our customers are finally making their way out to their hot tubs! However, if it’s been a couple of weeks since chlorine has been added there can be bacteria growth in the water, on your spa surfaces, and inside your filter cartridges.
Here’s what to do.
Steps to re-fresh your hot tub water:
1. Remove your filter cartridge and chemically clean with BaquaSpa Filter Cartridge Cleaner which is compatible with all sanitizers.
2. Wipe down all surfaces inside of the hot tub, including above the water line to suspend any potential bacteria growth in the hot tub. BaquaSpa Surface Cleaner works great to clean the inside surfaces of the hot tub.
3. Add 1/2 oz. (1 tablespoon) of Pettis Pools Spa Granular Chlorine per 150 gallons of spa water.
4. Run your spa jets for 30 minutes with the cover off. This will allow the chlorine to oxidize and burn-off any impurities.
5. Re-install the cleaned filter cartridge.
Wait 24 hours* and test water. If there is no free chlorine repeat the steps 3 & 4 (re-shock the hot tub).
*Always wait 24 hours after shocking with chlorine before using the hot tub.
If you have further questions, please stop in or give us a call. We’re here to help you!