EZ SPA: The Simple, Once-A-Week Solution to Spa Water Care
Hot Tubs and Spas, MAAX Spas, Swim Spas, Water Care
A proactive approach to keeping your spa crystal clear
This is one of the top spa maintenance products we sell at Pettis Pools and Patio. EZ Spa is specifically designed to simplify the maintenance process by combining a clarifying agent, stable oxidizer, scale inhibitor, water conditioner and balancers (pH, TA and CH) in the same bottle. Its concentrated formula oxidizes contaminants, conditions and clarifies, inhibits scale and foam, and maintains water balance.
It is different than most other spa chemical lines because it treats your water by preventing problems (foaming, odors, pH imbalance, cloudiness) instead of allowing a problem to occur and then trying to treat it. The convenient, once-a-week application allows spa owners to spend more time enjoying the spa and less time troubleshooting and maintaining it. EZ SPA is compatible with ozone and mineral purifiers as well as balancers and traditional sanitizers (chlorine and bromine). This specially blended formula manages spa water while eliminating the confusion of adding multiple chemicals every other day.
- Convenient and easy to use— just once-a-week!
- Superior water quality with less chemicals and testing!
- Compatible with chlorine, bromine, ozone and mineral purifiers
How to Use EZ SPA
IMPORTANT: Circulate your spa water with the jets on whenever you add chemicals to the water. For best results, circulate and filter the water at least 8 hours each day. Always start with fresh water (drain and refill) and a clean filter when converting to EZ SPA. Avoid water softeners as hard water is preferred. If the quality of your water would be very poor without going through your water softener (if applicable) it is better to use your softener and then harden the water up through the use of calcium hardness increaser.
1) Add EZ SPA START™ to remove metals, phosphates, and carbonates.
2) Balance your spa water by using EZ SPA UP™ and EZ SPA DOWN™ to adjust total alkalinity and pH, and EZ SPA CAL™ to adjust calcium hardness.
EZ SPA Water Balance: Total Alkalinity 80-120 ppm, pH 7.2-7.6, Calcium Hardness 300-400 ppm. Note, with EZ Spa your calcium hardness is required to be higher than with other chemical systems.
EZ SPA will help manage water balance but we do suggest testing weekly (always test before adding EZ SPA). When adding chemicals, allow sufficient time for the water to circulate (at least 30 minutes) before testing again.
3) Add EZ SPA BOOST™ Initiate startup with 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) per 100 gallons. Weekly thereafter, add a 1/8 ounce per 100 gallons, slightly more for heavy bather use, to maintain proper sanitizer levels.
4) Add EZ SPA Initially, and once-a-week thereafter, add 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) per 100 gallons. For spas using ozone or mineral purifiers, add just 1/2 ounce per 100 gallons.
It is not unusual for pH to drop slightly after adding EZ SPA. The buffers in EZ SPA will typically adjust and raise pH levels within 24-48 hours.
5) After 12 hours, pressure rinse the cartridge filter. Then again once-a-week to maintain the finest water quality. It is not necessary to chemically clean or soak your cartridge when using EZ SPA.
Note: You cannot use EZ SPA in a Softub! The oxidizer in the product is NOT compatible with the vinyl liner in a Softub.
If you would like to learn more about using EZ SPA for to keep your water in top shape stop in or give us a call. We are always happy to answer your questions.