Instructions for Winter Storage of Your Patio Furniture
As the cooler weather arrives, it’s time to think about protecting your patio furniture throughout the winter months. Our staff has put together five surefire ways to keep your furniture at its best!
- Clean off all of the dirt and grime built up over the last 6 months or more. We recommend 303 Multi-Surface Cleaner. Use a sponge with the mild scrubby side to loosen soil.
- Let the furniture dry completely before storing. Inspect the frames for any nicks or scratches in the paint and touch up before putting away. Replace nylon glides if necessary so you’ll be all ready to go in the spring. Now is also a great time to put a coating of 303 Protectant on your frames.
- Bring the furniture inside if possible for the winter. If not possible, bring cushions, pillows, and umbrellas in for safe keeping. Cover the rest of your furniture with our awesome line of patio furniture covers. Stop in our stores for details.
- Tie the covers onto the furniture so they do not blow away in harsh winds. Tying the covers down will also keep water and snow from blowing onto the surface of the furniture.
- Brush off all of the snow collecting on the furniture throughout the winter months. As the snow melts, water has an uncanny knack of finding its way into the furniture, potentially causing damage when it freezes again.
Stop in and we’ll be happy to answer any specific care questions you may have. At Pettis Pools & Patio, we are always at your service!