We all love a good soak in a Hot Tub for relaxation, but did you know your spa can double as a home gym? That’s right! You can utilize your hot tub in your everyday fitness routine and leave your workout relaxed. Check out these exercises and utilize them in your hot tub to take your fitness to the next level.
Simple squats can be awkward and difficult but with the buoyancy of the water to help keep balance and reduce stress on knees and joints, they can be fun!
To do squats in your hot tub:
- Bend your knees into a 90-degree angle, making sure your knees are above your ankles, not your toes.
- Keep your arms straight out in front of you to help with balance.
- Slowly stand up, keeping your abdominal muscles tight.
- Hold at the top and slowly move back to the initial sitting position.
Calf raises are easy to do in a hot tub because it only requires standing in one place. This exercise helps slim and tone your calves.
To do calf raises in your hot tub:
- Stand upright on a flat surface in your hot tub.
- Slowly rise onto your toes, hold, and lower back down to standing position.
The abdominal muscles are sometimes hard to isolate in order to work out. This can be especially difficult if you have a bad back or neck. A hot tub can help reduce the stress on these muscles so you can focus on your abdominals.
To work out your abdominals:
- Start in a seated position with your back straight and your legs extended in front of you in a 90-degree angle.
- Slowly bring both knees into your chest and then extend your legs back out.
- Make sure your back remains straight and repeat.
Work the Arms
You can’t forget your arms in your workout! Performing arm exercises in a hot tub is easy because you can utilize the water’s resistance as your weights rather than actual weights.
To work your triceps, biceps, and pectorals all together:
- In a seated or standing position, make sure your shoulders are submerged under water.
- Keeping your back straight, extend your arms out from the side of your body.
- Face your thumbs up with your palms flat.
- Slowly “clap” your hands together.
- Repeat the motion.
You can utilize your hot tub for a full-body workout without ever having to leave your home! These exercises can be extremely effective to those who have joint or muscle pain or weakness because the water buoyancy helps reduce stress on these muscles. After your exercise, you can use your hot tub for stretching and a relaxation cool down! Using your hot tub for more than relaxation can help you get the most out of your hot tub and keep you in shape this winter!
At Pettis, we’re proud to specialize in products that help you get away every day and provide real value for your money. Contact us for any of your pool or hot tub needs. We’re happy to help you with any questions you may have!